CONTRA COVID – Il concerto delle partiture selezionate – 3 novembre 2021, Sala Filarmonica, Rovereto
Five works for the final concert on November 3, 2021
Piazza del Mondo is pleased to announce the selected scores of its Contra Covid Call for Scores.
We thank all the composers who submitted their pieces. We have noticed an average high quality and a wide aesthetic diversity.
We selected the following works:
- Jean-Patrick Besingrand, Désirs inassouvis
- Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis, Balaenoptera
- Rylan Gleave, winding through seaweed
- Thomas Kim, 2020
- Norberto Oldrini, Tema
The winning works will be performed in Rovereto (Sala Filarmonica) on the 3rd of November 2021, in a concert dedicated to them, by Agorart Ensemble: Davide Baldo (flute); Emanuele Dalmaso (clarinet); Mattia Grott (sax).
Since the level of the compositions was really high, some more scores could be chosen for future possible executions; their authors will be contacted personally and individually in that case.
PIAZZA DEL MONDO
CALL FOR SCORES
RESISTANCE AND RESILIENCE
“Piazza del Mondo” is very excited to announce its first call for scores, in order to focus the attention on essential themes and values such as Resilience, Resistance and Ecosystem.
The Covid-19 pandemic stresses the need to build ecological systems and processes.
Key concepts that will stimulate your creativity:
Resilience – Resistance – Ecosystem – COVID19 – Ecology – Pandemic – Virus – Local – Global – Community – Individual – Otherness
Guidelines for submission:
- Applicants may be of any nationality and age.
- Applicants may submit only one work.
- Submitted works must not exceed 15 minutes length.
Deadline: July 31, 2021 (CET 11.59am)
Fee: The call is completely free of charge.
- Davide Baldo (flute in C, flute in G, bass flute in C, piccolo);
- Emanuele Dalmaso (Bb clarinet, A clarinet, Eb clarinet, bass clarinet, soprano sax, alto sax, tenor sax, baritone sax);
- Mattia Grott (sopranino sax, soprano sax, alto sax, tenor sax, baritone sax, Electronics).
We accept pieces written for up to three performers (any combination is allowed, live electronics is included).
Electronics (Stereo) can be live or fixed media. In addition to other materials, a detailed description of technical requirements must be provided with the application. We can run Max/MSP or Pure Data patches and Ableton sessions.
All winners will receive a performance at “Resistance and Resilience. Workshops and Performances”, that will take place in late 2021 in Trentino, Italy.
All submissions should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Contra Covid ‐- Call For Scores -‐ Your Name” and should include a link (Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, etc) to the following files:
- PDF score and program notes;
- MP3 recording or MIDI realizations (not mandatory);
- Curriculum vitae
All parts must be sent within a week after the selection