AGORÀ – FORUM & SOUNDS
COMPOSITION – WORKSHOPS & PERFORMANCES
The Agorà – Forum & Sounds – Composition – Workshops & Performances, provides:
- emerging composers with the chance to develop their compositional skills, and have their work premiered by a professional ensemble and musicians specialized in contemporary repertoires;
ITALY. Trentino – Smarano (Trento) – Smarano International Organ Academy. Smarano is a small city located in Val di Non (Trentino), in a beautiful landscape between mountains and woods.
4 weekends (in the months from September to December): 28-29 September; 26-27 October; 23-24 November; 14-15 December.
Maximum 10 composers. For admission: curriculum vitae and 1 composition project. Expiration date for application: August 24th. Here for application form.
In Smarano have accommodation solution in Dormitory – rooms with 4 beds, shared bathroom. 10,00 €/12,00 € pers/night –, and more.
WORKSHOPS & LECTURES
- will be offered:
- the opportunity to develop their work in progress for solo and ensemble performance.
- will attend:
- individual classes
- seminars on contemporary vocal and instrumental techniques taught by experienced musicians
- lectures on theory and practice of contemporary music
- seminars on poetry for libretti taught by academic experts.
o Cosimo Colazzo (Conservatorio di musica “F.A. Bonporti” Trento, Italy – CARAVELAS-CESEM Universidade Nova Lisboa, Portugal – Italian School Middlebury College, U.S.A.)
o Cosimo Colazzo and other composers
– CONTEMPORARY INSTRUMENTAL TECNIQUES
o MotoContrario ensemble: Andrea Mattevi (violin and viola; other string instruments); Emanuele Dalmaso (saxophones: soprano, alto, tenor, baritone); Riccardo Terrin (trumpets; other brass instruments); Beatrix Graf (clarinets); Marco Longo (piano)
– ITALIAN VERSIFICATION – POETRY FOR MUSIC
o Giuliana Adamo (Professor in Italian Studies, Trinity College Dublin)
Agorà – FORUM & Sounds will be concluded by the Agorà – Forum & Sounds – Concerts.
MotoContrario ensemble, a professional contemporary music ensemble, will coach and perform the original works composed, in Smarano and other locations.
- Associazione Culturale “Piazza del Mondo” – piazzadelmondo.it
in collaboration with:
- Associazione di Promozione Sociale “Monsignor Celestino Eccher”. “Smarano International Organ Academy” http://www.smaranoacademy.com/accademiaorgano/
- Associazione culturale “MotoContrario – MotoContrario ensemble” – http://www.motocontrario.it
How reach Smarano where Agorà Forum & Sounds will take place.
Exit the A22 Brennero motorway, exit “Mezzocorona-S.Michele A.A.”
Direction: Mezzolombardo, then Cles, up to Dermulo on the right towards Mendola at five hundred meters for Coredo and finally for Smarano
On the train:
Trenitalia station of Trento or Mezzocorona. (http://www.ferroviedellostato.it)
Railway change: Trento-Malé railway, up to Dermulo (about 50 ‘) (http://www.ttesercizio.it)
Continue by bus to Smarano (15 ′).
Verona Airport Valerio Catullo at 100 km
Milan Malpensa Airport about 300 km
Bergamo Airport Orio al Serio at 200 km
Venice Airport Marco Polo at 200 km.
Treviso Airport Antonio Canova at 200 km
Train connections Trento – Verona / Milan ; Trento – Verona / Venice