AGORÀ – FORUM & SOUNDS
COMPOSITION – WORKSHOPS & PERFORMANCES
The Agorà – Forum & Sounds – Composition – Workshops & Performances, provides:
- emerging composers with the chance to develop their compositional skills, and have their work premiered by a professional ensemble and musicians specialized in contemporary repertoires;
ITALY. Trentino – Smarano (Trento) – Smarano International Organ Academy. Smarano is a small city located in Val di Non (Trentino), in a beautiful landscape between mountains and woods.
4 weekends (in the months from September to December): 28-29 September; 26-27 October; 23-24 November; 14-15 December.
Maximum 10 composers. For admission: curriculum vitae and 1 composition project. Expiration date for application: August 24th. Here for application form.
In Smarano have accommodation solution in Dormitory – rooms with 4 beds, shared bathroom. 10,00 €/12,00 € pers/night –, and more.
WORKSHOPS & LECTURES
- will be offered:
- the opportunity to develop their work in progress for solo and ensemble performance.
- will attend:
- individual classes
- seminars on contemporary vocal and instrumental techniques taught by experienced musicians
- lectures on theory and practice of contemporary music
- seminars on poetry for libretti taught by academic experts.
o Cosimo Colazzo (Conservatorio di musica “F.A. Bonporti” Trento, Italy – CARAVELAS-CESEM Universidade Nova Lisboa, Portugal – Italian School Middlebury College, U.S.A.)
o Cosimo Colazzo and other composers
– CONTEMPORARY INSTRUMENTAL TECNIQUES
o MotoContrario ensemble: Andrea Mattevi (violin and viola; other string instruments); Emanuele Dalmaso (saxophones: soprano, alto, tenor, baritone); Riccardo Terrin (trumpets; other brass instruments); Beatrix Graf (clarinets); Marco Longo (piano)
– ITALIAN VERSIFICATION – POETRY FOR MUSIC
o Giuliana Adamo (Professor in Italian Studies, Trinity College Dublin)
Agorà – FORUM & Sounds will be concluded by the Agorà – Forum & Sounds – Concerts.
MotoContrario ensemble, a professional contemporary music ensemble, will coach and perform the original works composed, in Smarano and other locations.
- Associazione Culturale “Piazza del Mondo” – piazzadelmondo.it
in collaboration with:
- Associazione di Promozione Sociale “Monsignor Celestino Eccher”. “Smarano International Organ Academy” http://www.smaranoacademy.com/accademiaorgano/
- Associazione culturale “MotoContrario – MotoContrario ensemble” – http://www.motocontrario.it